Parks Caribbean Member
Members are professionals that voluntarily contribute their expertise to furthering the practice of environmental stewardship and social justice, by providing expert advice and guidance to protected areas personnel, policy makers, and the general public through this forum. Membership in Parks Caribbean will be determined solely at the discretion of the Directors of Parks Caribbean. A person applying for membership in Parks Caribbean:
• Must be an acknowledged expert in a discipline or field pertinent to protected areas management.
• Must be knowledgeable about protected areas programming in the Caribbean.
• Must possess the ability to think critically and write well, as demonstrated by having published works (such as book or book chapter, journal article, or paper in conference proceedings).
Members are allowed the following benefits:
• The opportunity to submit short articles for posting on Parks Caribbean.
• The opportunity to submit discussion papers on priority protected areas management issues for posting on Parks Caribbean.
• The opportunity and support to convene and/or lead discussions on priority issues as necessary.
• May be asked to function as an Editor for articles submitted to Parks Caribbean.
Members of Park Caribbean are expected to conduct themselves both personally and professionally in a manner that upholds and enhances the reputation of Parks Caribbean specifically and the dignity and reputation of Caribbean professionals generally. They are required to maintain a high level of awareness of new developments in protected areas management generally, with special emphasis on protected areas policy and practice in the Caribbean.
Application for membership should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the Application Form. As part of the approval process, applicants may be asked to provide additional documentation. Applicants should note that Parks Caribbean reserves the right to deny membership to anyone without providing an explanation of the reasons for the refusal. Membership will be reviewed periodically, and will focus on contribution to Parks Caribbean as well as general professional conduct.